Stay Connected

Thursday 28 April 2016

What I'm Watching Right Now

I go through phases when I’m either not watching anything at all on TV, or TV is all that I’m doing.  With uni coming to an end for the year, and everything starting to quiet down a little, I’ve been catching up on all of my favourite TV programmes so that I’m ready to start the new series.  Here’s what I’m watching right now!

Better Call Saul
I was a huge Breaking Bad fan during 2014/2015 after I was gifted the entire boxset for Christmas one year.  I would highly recommend giving Breaking Bad a whirl if you haven’t done so already, it’s a bit slow to begin with – but definitely worth the wait for the hype!
Better Call Saul is equally as good as Breaking Bad, I was instantly hooked from the first episode.  I’m now on season two, and now that I’m approaching the end to the season – I’m really excited about the story to unfold.  I finished Breaking Bad about a month before Better Call Saul aired, so I pretty much started it from the get go.   I’m not convinced that you need to have seen Breaking Bad to follow this series, there have been a few funny moments that you wouldn’t get without having seen it – but overall it’s its own thing.  Really gripping, cheeky and funny, I’d totally recommend to anyone looking for a new series to binge watch!


Fear the Walking Dead
I am one of the biggest Walking Dead fans, I started watching from the beginning around about when season three started to air, and I’ve been hooked ever since.  I was both super excited and very sceptical when I heard that they were making a spin off for it, as I knew it was going to be either totally amazing or totally pants.  I had been super excited for Z Nation to start because the adverts looked really promising – but I didn’t even make it past the first episode. 
I got Fear the Walking Dead season one for Christmas past, and was totally heartbroken to find that there was only six episodes to the entire season.  Alas, I started it in February and made my way through the season in about 4 sittings.  Unlike The Walking Dead, this series gives you a lot more insight into each of the characters before the zombie virus starts to break out.  It a different approach to the whole zombie vibe, and I really enjoyed the series from start to finish.   You get taken right to the beginning before everything breaks out, meeting a lot of different types of characters along the way.   It’s nowhere near as brutal as The Walking Dead (yet), but I’m already hooked and I think that they have the potential to make this as big.  Season two has already started, but I’ve not managed to catch it yet as the BT box is located in the living room.  This is going to be my next viewing for when I finish uni, and I’m really excited to see how they’re going to pick up from where they left off.
Game of Thrones
It’s back!  It’s back and it looks like it’s going to be one of the most dramatic seasons yet.  I really hope it’s false, but I’m led to believe that this is going to be the second last season for GOT… *cries*
I started watching as season four aired, and I can honestly say that there has never been a tv show that has caused me so much emotional trauma as this one!  I’m not going to say anything out this week’s episode, because I for one would be mad as hell if anyone ruined it for me.  What I will say is that if you haven’t started watching this series and are thinking about giving it a go, or you’re in the middle of playing catch up as we speak – GET ON IT QUICKER!  I sense that this particular season is going to cause a lot of controversy and online drama as the weeks go on. 
Vikings
My boyfriend and I watched two episodes of this back in January if I recall correctly, and for some reason we just haven’t got back into it yet.  As we can only watch Fear the Walking Dead at my house, Vikings will be the one we go for when we stay at his, once I’ve handed in the last of my uni course work for the year!  Both episodes were exciting and chilling, kind of like Game of Thrones but with only two episodes under my belt, I can’t really say much more.  It wasn’t one I was crazy about seeing, but it actually looks like it had the potential to be amazing.  Watch this space…

What are you watching right now? 


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment