Stay Connected

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Grounded Coffee Body Scrub

This week I received a lovely little packet of the new Grounded Coffee Body Scrub in the post after I signed up for a product tester sample a few weeks back.  I was delighted to find that they had sent me a sample of the Chocolate Orange scrub, as chocolate orange is my all-time favourite flavour/scent.  Chocolate orange chocolate, chocolate orange candles, chocolate orange Beanies, you name it, I’ve probably had it.  I have read a lot of good things about the Coconut Grounded Scrub, as that one was specifically designed to cater for eczema prone skin, however seeing as my flare up has calmed down after a trip to the docs and a nutritionist (more to follow later) – I was still keen to give myself a good scrubbing with this bad boy!

The Chocolate Orange Scrub smells absolutely delicious before you even open up the pack, surprisingly stronger notes of chocolate orange rather than coffee itself.  Upon opening, the scrub was extra fine coffee graduals, which I was absolutely delighted to find as I knew that it wouldn’t be too harsh on my skin. This scrub is packed with lots of anti-oxidants too which helps the skin to restore itself, which is perfect for my skin right now as it is recovering from a breakout. 
On reading the packet prior to use, I noticed that it was advised to use a generous amount, scrub in circular motions for several minutes and then leave on for approx. ten minutes for best results.  I’m not crazy about the whole jumping in the shower, applying a product and then jumping back out of the shower to chill thing.  It’s cold out there.  I dry up like a prune.  I don’t enjoy it.  I think I managed about five minutes before I gave up, long enough to take a semi decent photograph anyways.  The results were still great none the less.  I used around half of this sample pack on the first use, as I found that a little went a long way with the scrub.  Although very loose and messy, I didn’t think that there was a lot of wastage as I applied it, which of course is great news!  The scrub kind of sticks to your skin when it’s wet, making it easier to apply evenly too.  After rubbing in the scrub, I washed my hands of the excess coffee and jumped out the shower for the five minutes.  My hands felt amazingly smooth straight away, which I guess would make sense because scrubbing away at my hands isn’t something that I do very often, if ever really. 
Five minutes later, I got back in the shower and washed away the excess scrub from myself, which actually wasn’t as messy as I thought it was going to be.  It pretty much washed away with next to no effort, leaving behind fresh and super smooth buffed skin!  The scent of the chocolate orange didn’t stick around much longer after this point, but as the scent was so prominent at the time of use, I guess we can let them off!
Grounded Coffee Scrubs now retail in Boots stores for £15 a bag, which from what I’ve seen is definitely a bargain for your money!  The sample pack that I received was enough for two decent uses, and the standard bags contain a LOT more.  I think I’ll be treating myself to the Coconut scrub sometime in the near future!

Have you tried out any of the Grounded range yet? 

Until the next one,


No comments:

Post a Comment