Stay Connected

Wednesday 13 April 2016

HydraQuench Cream Mask

Christmas past, I was gifted a beautiful Clarins gift set from my lovely boyfriend.  I’m not one to typically go and treat myself to really expensive brands like Clarins, and so it was nice to receive such a luxurious little pamper set.  Inside included a body lotion, hand cream a bath oil (which I am yet to use) and a facemask.
The HydraQuench facemask was whipped out from my beauty products stash early last week, after a number of days of really dry skin.  Although I’m extremely lucky and don’t have eczema breakouts across my face, when it does break out everywhere else like right now, it makes my face super tight and really uncomfortable.  So I decided that enough was enough, and I was ready to give this bad boy a shot at hydrating my mug.
Normally I wouldn’t go for a mask that has the sole purpose of hydrating the skin, as typically I use plenty of heavy duty moisturisers all year round to keep my skin nice and smooth – however as this was a gift, I was never not going to try it out!  I used about a  grape sized amount to cover the whole of my face and part of my neck, and applied using a cotton ball.  The mask is a thick, creamy and easy to apply – it literally soaked right into the skin seconds after being applied which was great.  The bottle recommends to wear for 5-10 minutes at a time, which I was a bit dubious about as I usually wear masks for around 20 minutes a go. However, I followed the instructions on this occasion and was very pleasantly surprised.  Five minutes into the application, my skin felt the best it had all week!  It was soft, looked super hydrated and overall just looked an awful lot healthier than it had previously in the day – which is fantastic results for the sake of a five minute application.  A further five minutes later, I soaked my cotton ball in some of my Lush Toner and swiped it across my skin to remove the mask.  It was hard to tell if I had managed to get it all off, as the mask totally disappeared within a minute of applying, but I don’t think leaving any extra residue of this particular product would cause you any major harm overnight. 
After use, my skin looked and felt amazing – leaving me curious as to how much a bottle would cost if I wear to consider buying when I run out of this one.  Alas, I was left disappointed at the price of £33 for a 75ml bottle.  Although I actually loved this product and was really pleased with the results – I can’t bring myself to part with £33 for a singular beauty product.  I’m cheap, I know. This time, it won’t be something that I will be buying anytime soon unless 1. It drops in price dramatically by the time I finish this bottle or 2. I come across another gift set featuring HydraQuench at a reasonable price.  I would however highly recommend this bad boy for anyone who’s feeling the treat yo’ self-vibe, or if your skin is in desperate need of some tlc.  I for one will not be taking hydrating masks for granted ever again!

What’s your favourite Clarins product right now?

Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment