Stay Connected

Friday 8 April 2016

What’s on my playlist?

I’ve always been one to have a very varied taste of music ever since I got my hands on my first ever iPod.  I’ve never been one to only like one particular genre of music, and these days my Spotify account consists of everything from Justin Timberlake to Slipknot… which I actually find a little bit funny and a tad disturbing if I’m completely honest.  Here are some of my favourite bands and songs at the moment…

Bring Me The Horizon – I absolutely adore their latest album Throne, alongside their previous one Sempiternal .  I saw them live at Leeds festival last year and they were absolutely fantastic, making them a firm favourite of mine right now.
Bring Me The Horizon at Leeds 2015
You Me @ Six – Having been a fan of their music since I was 14 years old, YM@S  is a band that I often stray away from and then fall in love with all over again nearly every single year.  Right now Cold Night, Room to Breathe and Bite my Tongue are my top three from the group, which I am often listening to on repeat!  Sadly I have not seen them  live in action yet, however they are one of the bands on my to see list for this year and next.

PVRIS - Their single St Patrick was released just a couple of months before I discovered that they were another band that I would get to see at Leeds last year, and ever since then their album White Noise has had a permanent spot in my top playlist.  After having to give up the chance to see them in Glasgow this week due to my poor budgeting skills whilst on placement, I’ve been over playing my favourite songs Holy, St Patrick and Smoke these last couple of weeks to try and ease the pain.  It’s not working, however it is making me more determined to 1. See them next time they tour Scotland and 2. Work harder on my budgeting for gigs.

The 1975 – last November my sister and I traveled to Edinburgh to see these guys, and ever since then I’ve been totally mesmerised by their stuff.  Don’t get me wrong, I was a big fan before, but they were so spot on that night that I’ve had the entire of The 1975 album on my playlist ever since!

And the random ones – I’m always chucking random songs into my playlist, and most of the time they are songs from the charts.  This week, I’ve been listening to:
DNCE – Cake By The Ocean, Nick Jonas – Levels, The Chain-smokers - Roses, Justin Timberlake – SexyBack, Wolf Alice – Moaning Lisa Smile, Bruno Mars – Locked Out Of Heaven, Mumford and Sons - The Wolf
Of course, my taste in music doesn’t stop there – but these are my favourites at the moment and the most played ones on my playlist too.

What's on your playlist right now?

Until the next one,

Lauren x


2 comments:

  1. I'm currently loving Sia's new album and at the moment I'm listen to some classic Tori Amos. I love music :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sia! Chandelier is still a favourite of mine :) and me too! My Spotify account has become a necessity to everyday life X

      Delete