Stay Connected

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Shills Deep Cleansing Black Purifying Peel-off Mask

One of the best things about having four sisters is that whenever they buy new beauty products, they usually (and a strong emphasis on the usually here) are down for letting me try it out too!  So when Kayleigh produced a peel off black head mask from one of her parcels last month – and stated that it was okay for me to try it out too – I was both keen yet sceptical. 
The Shills Deep Cleansing Black Purifying Peel-off Mask is currently priced at £2.86 for a 50ml bottle on Amazon – which is where my sceptical thoughts were lurking.  I was convinced that this was going to be a cheap and nasty rip off of the JorgObe Peel-off Mask which is priced at £22 for 100ml, and so I didn’t have very high hopes for the product from the get go.  Never the less, me and the siblings gave it a go anyway – and here is how we got on!
The mask was really easy to apply to the face with little to no mess at all, as it poured from the tube no problem and smoothed over the skin quite the thing.  I applied the mask over my nose, cheeks and my chin on my first use – making sure that I had applied enough to ensure it would be easy to remove but not so much that it would take ages for it to dry.  I simply waited for it to dry which only took about 15-20 minutes.  During this time, you could see that the mask was seeping into each and every single one of your pores, which was both a little bit satisfying but mostly very gross.  20 minutes later, the mask was ready to remove – which was either going to reveal the most pathetic peel off mask ever – or leave me horrified by the contents on the sheet.

I am both pleased and sickened to report that it was in fact very effective.

I started by peel from either side of the patches on my chin, nose and cheeks and pulling them towards the center until it came off completely.  I didn’t find this to be any more unpleasant than removing a regular pore strip, however I’ve read a few reviews since then when people have stated it caused them great discomfort.  I guess it depends on what you consider painful – but it certainly didn’t hurt me. 
The results of the mask were very much surprising, and very grossly satisfying.  Although I am aware that I still have blackheads in these areas – they are definitely not as noticeable anymore after just a couple of uses, and I have noticed a significant change in my skin too, as have my sisters.  I didn’t think it was appropriate to share any pictures, as well that’s just really gross, however I really don’t think that I could recommend this product enough.  The 50ml tube has done eight uses already, with still plenty in the bottle for further use.  And that fact that the bottle costs just £2.86 with free delivery – it’s a total bargain for the results that you get!  I've already ordered one for me - and one for my boyfriend too!

What’s the best pore mask that you’ve tried out?
Until the next one,


Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment