Stay Connected

Monday 2 May 2016

Early Bird Subscription Box

After cancelling my graze boxes last year after I found them to become a little repetitive and a tad expensive for the contents, I was keen to try out a new snack subscription that was relatively healthy and wasn’t going to cost me an arm and a leg.  I came across Early Bird after their adverts had been popping up on my Facebook for a few weeks.  I thought that the subscription was very similar to Graze to begin with, but after further investigation I discovered that the snacks were completely different and each box came with a unique tea bag!  I do like a tea, and I’m trying to be better with my snacking, so I signed up for a box to try out.  What I really like is that from the get go, they let you know that there is no commitment.  Early Bird had an offer on when I subscribed, which made the first box half price for £2.48 – and you can pause or cancel your boxes at any time before your next one is sent out, fab!   I’ve paused mine for now as I wanted to try it out before I made the commitment, but I have a feeling my next box may be in the post sooner than I had anticipated…
Flat Pack Brownie
I’m a sucker for a brownie, so this one caught my eyes first!  It’s made from three ingredients: pecans, dates and chocolate buttons – all foods which I very much enjoy!  The best part about this snack was that when you eat all three together, it really does taste just like a chocolate brownie, and a good one at that!  The dates were super soft and caramel like, and the pecans were chopped up nice a fine so that they didn’t over power the taste or texture.  The mylk chocolate was daily free, but still super creamy and delicious, I could easily eat them on their own!  I’m definitely rating this snack, and I seriously wish that I could order a box full of them!

Raspberry Coconut Jelly
I’m mad about coconuts, but not a great raspberry lover – so I wasn’t entirely sure how I was going to feel about this one when I opened up the pack.  I’m happy to report that it was really delicious and actually pretty filling.  Made up from raspberry fruit drops, coconut chips and raspberry coconut chips, the three work together incredibly to make a delicious crunchy-fruity treat.  The fruit drops tasted just like little sweets, I think I could quite happily eat them on their  own in bulk if I’m honest!  The raspberry coconut chips were to die for too – not too fruity, but enough flavour to make them stand out and to make me wish I had a bag of them alone to munch on!  My fingers are crossed that I will be getting this one in my box sooner rather than later.
Unfortunately, after I received my Earlybird box, I went to visit a nutritionist and had an allergy test done (I will share more later, when I know what I’m doing… haha) – anyway it turns out that I need to cut gluten and dairy out of my diet for at least six weeks.  So despite how delicious it looks, and how much I was looking forward to trying it out – I was unable to try the Cacao Chia Pud!  My mum is however very excited by this, and I’m sure she will fill me in on how it good it is when she gives it a go!
My final snack was a punnet of ABC Nuts, which consisted of cashews, almonds and brazil nuts.  I’m not a great nut lover, unless they’ve been seasoned by my mother (chilli or salt and vinegar are my faves), but these will not go to waste, as now my diet is so limited that I need to make the most of the foods I can enjoy.  In the future, I will remove the nuts from my preference list, as I would much prefer to receive a more unique snack sent to me in my boxes!

And as for the tea - mint is my thang!  I'm saving this beauty for when I'm in need of some freshening up.  I find that peppermint tea is really good for when I'm feeling bloated or crappy - so I can't wait to try this one out.
Overall, I am really impressed with the great selection of snacks that Earlybird have to offer.  I’m really happy to find that they offer dairy and gluten free snacks – and I look forward to trying out some more over the next couple of months!

If you fancy trying out the Early Bird snack box, you can get your first box half price by using my friend code:
laure-7409


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment