Stay Connected

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Lush Halloween Bath Bombs

October for me means that the count down for Christmas is officially on.  I’ve 6 siblings to purchase gifts for alongside my parents, boyfriend, his family and my pals – so I always start my Christmas shopping around this time.  I know… I’m THAT person.  Don’t get me wrong though, I might be gearing up for Christmas financially, but I’m still very much all about Halloween until November comes along.  It’s why October is my favourite month of all!  I’ve got all of my Halloween spiced candles looked out and they’re burning away, and of course I’ve been in and out of Lush on several occasions lately picking up their fabulously creepy Halloween bath bombs to set the scene.  With the weather finally turning that little bit chiller and the nights are creeping in that little bit earlier, is there any better way to end the day (or spend the afternoon?!) than soaking in a tub of spooky fragrances?
Pumpkin Bath Bomb
This was the one that I was the most excited to get my hands on when I first saw the list of Halloween Lush goodies this year.  Cinnamon is my all-time favourite scent ever, so the vanilla and cinnamon spiced pumpkin sounded like a beautiful spicy sensation.  Pumpkin looks rather creepy, he has a wicked smile that fizzles slowly in the tub, and eyes that watch your every move.  Although pumpkin does not give you much of a show as he fizzles out – his scent makes up for this in every way possible.  The room fills with his aroma that lingers on your skin for hours.  He leaves his mark on you with the ever so subtle glittery pieces that appear in the tub.  I was worried that his orange tint would leave the bath in an awful mess like Yoga Bomb, however I was pleasantly surprised when all traces of him disappeared down the drain.  I’ve fallen in love with Sir Pumpkin, and will absolutely be stocking up before he disappears for the year.
Lord of Misrule
I’ve heard lots of fantastic things about this particular fragrance over the years that I’ve been indulging in Lush.  Little did I know that the Sugar Scrub bar that I have picked up in the past shares a very similar scent with her.  Defiantly not a fragrance that I think everyone would be crazy about – I personally really like the spicy aroma and subtle exterior of the bath bomb.  After watching the Lush Halloween promo video – and I will admit that I watched that bad boy over, and over again – I was desperate to get my hands on one of these to try.  When you pop her in the bath the water turns a ghoulish green, and releases the beautiful scent into the room.  Moments later, the pink centre starts to spill into the water, resulting in the most mesmerising swirls of colours in the tub.  Even better, the popping candy starts to crackle, making the whole experience hat little bit more spectacular.  Lord of Misrule puts on a show that is not one to be missed – it will be a sad day when she has to pack up again for the year.
Monsters Ball
This fantastic little critter really made a crappy day into a wonderful evening.  Lime is one of my favourite scents ever, so Monsters Ball aroma really stood out at me when I picked it up in store.  Looking very innocent with just the one eye looking at you, it dissolves very slowly in the tub - keeping the best part for last.  Monsters Ball eye remains until the last of its presence fizzles away.  The eye consists of a very gooey, chocolaty smelling substance - the whole thing reminds me very much of a chocolate lime sweetie.  The water fills with a variety of blues, white, pink and purple colours throughout your soak, which all churn together to create a fantastic blue coloured water to spend the remainder of the evening in.  Monsters Ball is the perfect companion for when you need a little uplifting or you're simply in the mood for some fun!
These guys have been my favourite Halloween Lush goodies this year?  Can you spy any of your favourites too? 

Until the next one, 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment