Stay Connected

Friday 14 October 2016

The Good Hour…

Well, that’s it!  I am officially an adult.  21 is the year when you technically start to adult, but people don’t care if you mess up because “you’re only 21!”  By 22, we should have our lives together, either working full time and saving for the future or studying something that we enjoy (hopefully) and are working towards our dream jobs.  “No more messy around” so they say, however I’m quite content plodding along for now in my busy but relatively peaceful routine.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who actually care for me, my family, my education, my well being and my happiness – thank you to everyone who has supported me in everything I have done this year, and an even bigger thank you to those who made my 22nd birthday so special!
My birthday this year started four days early, when Martin and I traveled down to Edinburgh (first class!) for a spot of shopping, some fine dining, a stroll around the zoo and my first ever Lush Spa treatment, The Good Hour.  This was a gift from Martin for my birthday, and I had known about it for several months – simply because he wanted me to pick which treatment I wanted!  Honestly, nothing can compare to the amount of excitement that was  buzzing inside… except of course that time I found out I was getting my baby boy Hulk, Happy I Gotcha Day pooch! 
For months I’ve been putting ideas together in my head, trying to decide how amazing this experience was going to be.  I’m a Lush addict, I go to bed with the smell of my bath bombs lurking from my drawer… I have a problem, I know.  This being said though, there is no way on earth that I could have imagined The Good Hour treatment the way it took place on October 10th – there are no words to describe how magical it was.  From the moment I made myself known to the staff, they made me feel so at home, so chilled and most of all – excited.  My therapist Janine was honestly the sweetest, happiest and most comforting people I have ever met.  She explained everything to me perfectly, whilst leaving the elements of surprise too where she felt need be.  I was so relaxed before the treatment had even started!  I’m not going to tell you anything much about the experience, as I found it to be the most magical event ever having going in with no clue what to expect.  What I will give you though is a few key words that make up the experience…
Think refreshing brews, witches style cottage, sea life, pirates and the BEST deep tissue massage that you will ever experience – did I say it was a 70 minute session?!
I cannot thank Janine enough for making my first ever Lush Spa treatment so special for me, nor can I thank Martin enough for the wonderful gift.  With The Good Hour under my belt, I’m ready to make my 22nd year a special one – and I am already considering my next treatment too!
Have you ever been to the Lush Spa?  If so, what did you get?!


Until the next one,

2 comments: