Stay Connected

Sunday 9 October 2016

Toning Waters

I’ve been trying out a lot of different facial mists lately due to the change in the weather and the changes in my skin.  I’ve read lots of good things about facial mists ever since I received the Bloom and Blossom one in a beauty box a few months back.  I’ve done my research, have been out buying and have picked up three different variations of toning waters that double as a refreshing facial mist throughout the day. 
I was loving the Lush Tea Tree Water for a freshen up and gentle cleanse every morning to start my skin care routine, however when this ran out I opted for another one of my trusty toner tabs to do the job as they are my favourites.  I popped one in my old tea tree bottle, added some hot boiling water from the kettle and left it to fizzle and cool down for a while.  It’s the best toning water that I think I’ve used to date, it gives my skin a nice freshen up in the morning and evening – and does not sting or irritate my sensitive skin, like may tea tree products do.    Next time I’m going to try using two tabs in the bottle and see if that gives an even better effect… watch this space!
Breathe of Fresh Air was one that I actually bought on a whim, I had £2.99 left of a gift card and wanted to try out something new.  I seriously think that this is one of my new all time favourite Lush skin care products to date!  On a fresh face this water soaks up beautifully like my skin is taking a drink.  I like to spray this on and leave it to absorb, although I think it would be nice to use a cotton pad and rub it in this way too.  It had a lovely smell to it, and leaves my skin feeling soft to the touch.  When you spray it on it does feel like a lot has been used, however this is just due to the harshness of the pump.  I really adore this product, and will definitely be repurchasing as its perfect for carrying around in my pocket at work and keeping in my handbag. 
I’ve recently found and fallen for the Boots Botanic range after discovering that they were a primary organic and totally cruelty free brand.  I picked up a few bits from the range recently, one of them being their rose water toning spray which is totally amazing.  The stuff smells like Turkish delight which I absolutely adore, and the bottle sprays out the gentlest mist which I like to use before I apply my moisturiser both morning and night, as well as after applying my foundation each morning.  I find that using this and then blotting ever so gently before applying my press power gives my skin a little bit of extra hydration and a really nice sort of dewy finish to my makeup.  I keep this bottle at home for when I need a pick me up throughout the day, and will definitely repurchase at just £3.99. 

As you can tell, I don’t really have a favourite this time round, just a new found love for facial mists – and really good priced ones at that!

What’s your favourite facial product right now?


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment