Stay Connected

Monday 3 October 2016

Soap & Glory Face Mask

So the last couple of weeks have been slightly crazy to say the least!  My summer is officially over, uni has started up again and I’m already having stress related symptoms just processing the idea of fourth year!  I wasn't prepared for the crazy work load that got thrown at me during the first week, and so my blog took a little it of a hit during that time - so my apologies for my unexplained absence, but I'm back now and ready to carry on again!
In August I treated myself to the Soap and Glory No Pores Allowed deep cleansing mask, after I had used up the last of my Lush ones.  It’s been a while since I bought myself a face mask that wasn’t from Lush, and over time I’ve noticed that my pores have become a lot more noticeable – so I wanted to go for something that will tackle them without being too harsh on my skin.  My eczema has been acting up too after trying my luck with some yeast foods (won’t be doing that again any time soon) so as a result I’ve been really careful as what I’m using on my skin to avoid an even bigger flare up. 
Soap and Glory have always been favourite brand of mine, however I’ve been using them a lot more ever since I went cruelty free.  I’ve only ever seen good reviews on this particular mask, and the £12 price tag was made an awful lot better when it was BOGOHP on all of their skin care products… boost! 
The mask itself is designed to unclog pores and leave them looking smaller, if not removing them completely over a period of time.  It’s a self-warming mask that heats up as you rub it in, which I find stays warm for the first few minutes of wearing, then cools itself down gradually until your skin actually starts to feel cold (or this is what happens to me anyways – I leave it on for around 20 minutes).  I like to feel face masks doing the work as I wear them, so this one definitely ticks that box for me.  As you’re rubbing it in, your skin benefits from an ever so gentle exfoliation, which is perfect for opening up the pores, right before the heat kicks in.  The bottle states that your mask should turn blue as you rub it in, which I have yet to experience.  You shake your bottle, then apply the off white mask to your face, which turns an ever so slightly grey colour in the process.  I’ve only ever seen my mask turn blue on occasion when I’m rubbing it off, so don’t let that bottle fool you or put you off reusing.
Having used the mask for around 2 months now, I have to say that it’s one that I really, really like.  It always leaves my skin feeling a lot cleaner, especially if I give myself another gentle exfoliation after a wear.  I will say though that it does ALWAYS make me break out, and I personally don’t mind this as I try and time my uses for days when I know I’m about to be bumming around for a while – but if you do have plans that require a fresh face and fancy a mask treat prior to the big day, this is not the one for you – unless you’re planning on using it the week before!

A fabulous mask with a great price tag, this is one that I would totally pick up again on any Soap and Glory special offer events.

What’s your favourite face mask right now?

Until the next one,



2 comments:

  1. I've never tried S&G products before, this one sounds amazing. My pores are so bad!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would absolutely recommend this, however make sure you're giving it a go at a time when you're prepared for a break out! :P
      Thanks for reading!
      Lauren X

      Delete