Stay Connected

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Jungle Hair Conditioner

Much like my love for the Brazilliant Shampoo Bar from Lush, Jungle Hair Conditioner had been one that I have grown to love more and more with every single use, so much so that I can safely say that Jungle is the only solid conditioner from Lush that actually does my hair any justice.  As confused I was by the idea of a solid shampoo bar, I was even more confused and lightly concerned by the idea of a solid conditioner.  I like my hair to be very much conditioned – sometimes I soak my ends in conditioner because it they tend to get very dry very, very quickly – so I really wasn’t sure how this was going to help me and my frizzy mane.  However, after reading loads and loads of very mixed reviews on the product in spring 2014, I decided to give it bash.  Back then, it was priced at just £3.50 a bar – so I wasn’t really too fussed about loosing out on the cash.  And just like the shampoo bars, Jungle is supposed to last as long as up to three 250 ml bottles of normal conditioner – so you ain't going get much more value for your money than that.
I’m not going to lie, it took me a long time to get into the swing of Jungle – so long in fact that I very almost gave up on the whole idea all together.  When you’re in the shower, sliding it up and down your hair, it’s really hard to figure out if you’ve put enough on or if you’ve used way too much.   It’s near impossible to tell when you’re actually applying it, its only when you get out of the shower that you can see all of the benefits that it offers.  There was many a time that my hair would feel really straw like because I had not put on enough, or I’d put on way too much and not rinsed properly, so that when I woke in the morning my hair would be a grease pit.  It’s a hard balance to get to begin with, but definitely persevere. One of the girls in the Aberdeen store actually gave me a demonstration on her own hair the next time I went in to pick up a second bar, and suggested that if I still wasn’t happy, to alternate between a liquid conditioner and Jungle until my hair got used to the new product.
Half price sale including Jungle?  Don't mind if I do,..
There are many things that I enjoy about using Jungle now – but my favourite is the way it makes my hair feel when it dries naturally overnight.  We all know now that my hair is a frizzy mess, and even with the help of coconut oil, there are days that I still struggle to tame it.  Jungle helps my hair to contain itself overnight, the ends of my hair don’t turn bristly when I leave it to dry after using Jungle, and if I pleat my hair too, it gives my hair a really pretty and wavy look – opposed to my mad curls.   The second thing I like about it, it the distinctive and wonderful smell that lingers in my hair all day long.  Jungle is packed with bananas, avocado and passion fruits – and together they create a really wild and tropical smell – basically like a flower you would expect to find in a tropical jungle!  It’s amazing, ii don’t imagine it would be to everyone’s taste however (a couple of my sisters are not keen) but for me, it works.  Finally, I love how long it takes for me to get through a bar of Jungle.  I’m one of those awful people that can get through a bottle and a half of condition to one bottle of shampoo.  So Jungle really helps to keep this in check for me, as it is a lot harder now to over use it, as it’s one I’ve been using for near two years now on and off.


My obsession with Jungle has been on going for several months now...
Overall, I’m delighted with Jungle – it works a treat on my crazy hair, saves me a lot of pennies in the long run and keeps me coming back for more!  

What’s your favourite solid conditioner from Lush?


Until the next one,

2 comments:

  1. I've never trued a solid shampoo/ conditioner before but this sounds amazing - I need to go to LUSH and pick up a few things now!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise you won't regret it!
      Like I said, it does take an awful long time to get used to after years of using bottled shampoo and conditioner - but it does make my hair feel really good when you get into the swing of it! They have bars for all hair types too :)
      Thanks for reading :)
      Lauren X

      Delete