Stay Connected

Monday 20 June 2016

Original Source Shower Gels

Have you ever picked up a bottle of body wash and thought “holy crap this smells good enough to eat”?  Or have you ever been lathering yourself with your body wash and drifted off into a fruity sensation?  If you’ve not, then you’re definitely missing out!
On my quest to becoming a better vegetarian, I decided to go cruelty free with all of my beauty and personal products and cosmetics.  Although I’ve always been aware that some companies do still test on animals, I was actually very much disturbed to find that a lot of the brands that I’ve been using all of my life are all culprits to this awful act.  I mean if we can be charged for being caught physically mistreating an animal in our homes or out on the street, then why should it be any different for these poor souls who have to endure various different tests on a daily basis?!  It’s really upsetting when you think about it, hence why I’ve made the decision to change my ways!
I was totally delighted to come across a brand that had not only so many fragrances to choose from, but also a fantastic range of goodies to pick from too!  Original Source are a 100% vegan brand meaning that they don’t use any animal produce in any of their products.  They pride themselves in using only the most natural ingredients in their products, hence why they smell so absolutely fantastic.  They’ve been on the go for a number of years now, and have continued to develop their range over the years too.
Spied in most of the major supermarkets and beauty stores, I’ve been picking up bottles of their shower gels for a few months now.  My absolute favourite one has got to be Lime – its smells just like the chocolate lime sweeties that I used to love when I was little, and it honestly leaves me feeling so super fresh and clean with every wash.  I have however had the pleasure of enjoying the lemon, mint, strawberry and cherry & nettle fragrances too – and each and every single one has never disappointed in terms of fragrance and cleanness.  Recently I’ve seen most of their goodies on special offer for just £1 – which is pretty fantastic considering a lot of vegan brands tend to cost a wee bitty more due to the nature of them sourcing non animal products. 
Original Source have helped me realise that it’s super easy to adjust your cosmetics to cruelty free brands.  I’ve yet to come across a scent that I have not yet enjoyed – and I’m super excited to find on their website that they actually have a range of body lotions and butters now too!  The lime and coconut oil range particularly take my fancy – so here is hoping that I can find a branch close to home that sell these beauties!

Have you tried out any of the original source range yet?  What’s your favourite?


Until the next one,

2 comments:

  1. I looovvveeee this brand and their shower gels, they all smell absolutely amazing! Although the vanilla and raspberry is my favourite. It's also awesome that you're trying to use cruelty free products (:

    Jess x
    indulgentrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely do smell amazing - even the ones that you wouldn't expect to like, I can't fault them! Was really happy to find out they did so many other products too :)
      Thank you, it's been really easy to fin cruelty free alternatives for the stuff I usually buy... I wish I had made the change sooner!
      Thanks for reading :)
      Lauren X

      Delete