Stay Connected

Friday 17 June 2016

Cupcake

Have you ever been in desperate need of applying a face mask, but decided against it because you just don’t have enough time to apply it, wait for it to dry and wash it off before going about your day?  If that sound about right, then fear not my friends – for the mighty Lush have just the facemask for those times!
Cupcake is one of my go to face masks from Lush, which I manged to pick up free back in May when I returned five clean black pots to my local store.  It’s a fresh face mask – meaning that you have to keep it in the fridge for the best results.  Because of this, I find that any time I am able to pop into store, it’s tend to be one of the ones that sells out the fastest, so I always miss out.  Thankfully though, I popped in on a Wednesday – a Lush delivery day (yay) – so I managed to bag myself this old friend.
Two of my favourite things in this world are mint and chocolate, so after reading all about the different fresh face masks that Lush have to offer (you can read about Catastrophe Cosmetic here) – Cupcake stood out to me for this exact reason.  Packed with cocoa butter, mint and cocoa powder this thick and creamy mask promises to draw out dirt and impurities, as well as giving your face a deep cleansing experience.  Thankfully, my skin has been pretty good to me for the last few months after I switched up my diet a bit – so I don’t have to worry about major breakouts for the mean time.  I did however fancy a real good cleansing experience, and so since my other other options at that time of day were Rosy Cheeks and Don’t Look At Me – which evidently are two which I have tried in the past which I have enjoyed but not repurchased since – I decided that Cupcake would do the job just nicely for me on this particular occasion.
Like I said before, this is a really thick and creamy mask – so as you apply it takes a lot of rubbing in to get the maximum coverage from the amount you are putting on.  This of course is not a bad thing, as it allows you to rub in the minty goodness, and gives your skin a real tingly and cleansing experience at the same time!  I like to use Cupcake all over my face and give my skin a generous coating with each application – however I think it would work perfectly well for a treatment a across the tea zone or other problem areas too if preferred.  Now for the good bit, it only take around five minutes for Cupcake too do its magic and start to dry up on your face, so depending on how much time you have to spare, you can have this bad boy off and left with glowing skin in a total of just 10 minutes top!  Although I tend to leave mine on for an extra five when I have the time – I promise that five is enough time to give you that “just cleaned” sensation! 
What I love the most about Cupcake is that it really does give my skin a proper good cleansing – I always feel that my pores have had a good clean with every use, and it doesn’t take any time at all to get the results.  It’s definitely one that I will purchase myself again in the future – and it’s so good that I’m even prepared to pay for it and use my black pots for a different mask next time!

What’s your favourite fresh face mask right now?


Until the next one,

4 comments:

  1. I've felt like I really need a good cleansing as well so this sounds perfect for me. Come to think of it I haven't used one of the lush face masks in ages either.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, promise you'll love it (if you like peppermint) :) you should try their toner tabs too if you've not already! They're really refreshing and leave you feeling super clean! X

      Delete
  2. Really want to try this face mask!

    ReplyDelete