Stay Connected

Friday 24 June 2016

The Body Shop Treats

Another one from my June Lust List, on my last trip into town I also came away with a few lovely bits from The Body Shop, as part of my monthly treats to myself!  I know that The Body Shop are not registered on Peta’s cruelty free website as they are owned by a company who are not cruelty free.  This said though, as they alone do not conduct any form of animal testing, and are currently raising money to help to restore the rain forests -  I thought that they would be a good place to start looking for my toiletries!  I’ve been using everything that I bought for a number of weeks now, and have to say that I absolutely love everything that I picked up.  Alongside this, they also signed me up for their beauty card – which gives you a £5 voucher for every £50 you spend… which is super impressive!  I mean, how many other companies do you know that reward you so frequently?
Wild Argon Shower Gel
This smells amazing, like so, SO good!  I don’t even know how to describe it -  it just smells so clean and pure and fresh and amazing!  I was gifted a sample back at the beginning of the year and I put it aside because for some reason I just really didn’t think I was going to enjoy using it… silly me!  I splurged on this one a bit paying £4 for 250ml – it won’t be something that I buy myself all the time, I use all of my Body Shop goodies at my boyfriend’s house – so they will last me slightly longer than my Lush alternatives, as we don’t always stay there. 
Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner
I’m not going to lie, I thought I was getting myself a real bargain here.  I had done all of my online research prior to popping into store, and I knew that this pair were the ones that I wanted.  It was a duo that would be good for dry hair.  I’ve not been to the hair dressers in months (I know, not cool) so as you can imagine the ends of my hair are not in the best condition.  These two were perfect, as they are designed for just that!  However during my online prep, I spied them advertised for just £2 – winning!  Alas, upon arriving at the till it was brought to my attention that these 250ml bottles were £5… each!  I never spend that much on such a small quantity, but I was feeling a little spend happy – so got them anyway.  Although I’m not sure I’ll purchase again purely on the price (unless there is an offer, in which case I’ll be there!)  I have to say that my hair has felt absolutely gorgeous after every wash with them.  When using the shampoo, it foams up into a nice and thick lather, which doesn’t make my hair feeling tuggy when I wash it out, unlike some.  The conditioner is also nice and thick as you apply, and both have very strong scents of honey – which is not normally something that I enjoy the smell of, but for some reason I really like it in this pair!  Both really nice products, so I hope I can pick them up again should there be some kind of offer soon.
Hand Sanitizer
I picked up the Strawberry and Coconut versions on this trip, and they smell so good!  Any time I apply it, the smell lingers for AGES which sometimes leaves people asking me what I’m wearing because it’s so strong and pleasant!  Priced at £2.50 (and on 3for2) these will be items that I pick up ALL the time – they smell fantastic, last for ages and are generally just great value for money!  I always need to have some sort of hand sanitizer on me wherever I go, so why not have a nice smelling one?

What’s your favourite Body Shop treat?

Until the next one,


2 comments:

  1. You got some really nice things! I try to avoid going into the body shop because I always end up buying too much haha. Would love if you could check out my blog? Also do you have instagram? Mine is @louisefrancescaa if you want to follow each other! X

    The Fashion Road.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, you always spend a pretty penny in that place!
      Will defo check out your blog, and away to find you on Insta too :) I'm @laurenashleymcghee
      Thanks for checking out my blog :) X

      Delete