Stay Connected

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Sympathy for the Skin Body Lotion

The name of this lotion intrigued me from the moment that I first spotted it in Lush about a year ago.  I have always been a big fan of their Charity Pot Lotion, and so it took me a while before I decided to branch out of my comfort zone and give this product a whirl.  This was an online purchase, and so it was the ingredients that attracted me to it.  I love to smell nice, I have a phobia of smelling bad, and so the vanilla was a winner from the get go.  The cocoa butter and banana were an added bonus too -  I knew that this concoction would smell delish, and that these three ingredients would be nourishing for my skin, never mind the whole other list of goodness packed in there too.  

This lotion is very light to put on, it rubs in nicely and although feels greasy – absorbs really quickly into the skin making it feel really supple and hydrated within ten minutes of applying.  I tend to use quite a lot of this at one time, my skin gets really dry super quickly, however if you have fairly normal/healthy skin I imagine that this product would last you a very long time as you probably wouldn't need to use  a lot.  When my skin is particularly bad, I like to use this on my face before I apply my makeup.  It works brilliantly as a base before applying a primer, which makes me love it even more as there are very few moisturisers that I have come across that would allow me to do this.  I will however point out that you do only need a tiny bit to make sure you’re not left feeling really greasy. 
Running very low 
At £5.95 for a 100g tub and £11.95 for 240g – I give this product a 9/10 as it does everything that I need it to do for my skin.  I love everything about it, the smell the feel, the results it gives.  It only looses one mark simply for the price.  I wouldn’t normally pay so much for so little, but because I (at the moment) have my skin reasonably under control, I don’t need to use it as often.  However because this product is packed in a Lush black pot, if you clean them and keep them until you have 5, you can pick up a free fresh face mask.  So it's not all bad, really.   Sympathy for the Skin is a firm favourite moisturiser of mine, and I would recommend it to anyone – regardless of their skin type.  The nutrients packed into this lotion would do good for everyone's skin, and make them smell yummy also.

What's your favourite body lotion at the moment?
Until the next one,
Lauren x


No comments:

Post a Comment