Stay Connected

Sunday 14 February 2016

Sky's Body Shop at Home Facial Care

Alongside the body care products that Sky dropped off for me last week, she left a variety of different facial care products for me to try out on my sensitive skin.  The majority of the products she left came from the Vitamin E range, which is specially tailored to suit all skin types, including sensitive skin.

Vitamin E Facial Exfoliating Scrub
This facial wash was very gentle, and it felt really nice as you applied it to the skin.  The scrub was cream based, and so although it felt really moisturising and soft, you could really feel that you were getting a good scrub.  I really loved that it was cream based and not a gel like formula – it was so moisturising and so because of that, I didn’t have that crazy mad dash to get the moisturiser on my face the second after I got out the shower.

Vitamin E Ice Cube
This little product felt really refreshing applying it around the eyes, and I loved that it wasn’t greasy and so I was able to apply my make up straight after each use!  I didn’t use this product often enough to notice any dramatic changes, however I have only seen good reviews about it.  The cooling sensation that it gave when I applied it around my eyes was enough to make me consider buying it in the future.

Vitamin E Day and Night Creams
Both these products felt really nice on my face, they gave a calm and also a slight cooling sensation effect to the skin – which I found after applying straight from the shower really nice.  What I really liked about the day cream was that it made the perfect base for my BB cream in the morning.  I only had to leave it to sit for a minute or so before applying the BB cream, and even after an 8 hour shift at work my skin still looked great!  I also loved that both the creams were so light to wear, which was perfect on my no make-up days because it didn’t feel greasy at all.  I like to make sure that my skin is well treated at all times, and so these creams were the perfect combination for my skin type.

Vitamin E Serum & Aloe Restoring Mask
Now I only used these two products once throughout the week that I had them, and so I don’t feel as though I can give a detailed report on how well they worked or not.  I was excited to try out the oil because this was something that I’ve been keen to try for a while.  I used a couple of drops to cover the whole of my face, and in the morning my face felt really soft and even moisturised.  I would be interested to see if using this product over a period of time would make noticeable changes to my skin or not.  The aloe face mask was quite a thick clear mixture, however you only need to apply a thin layer across the face which was good because I was worried that it would get hot and sticky overnight.  In the morning I did notice that my skin was really smooth and soft, however I do think this would be a product that you had to use over a period of time to see any noticeable differences.

Eye Mask
This was something that I really enjoyed using at night or first thing in the morning because it was so refreshing and cooling.  I didn’t even put it in the fridge like Sky had suggested, yet after each use my eyes felt more awake.  My skin looked plumped and revitalised and overall I just felt as though I had been well and truly pampered.  This is something that I would apply to any patch of irritated skin for instant relief.

Vitamin E Toner & Cleanser
I absolutely loved both of these products, they were perfect for removing the very last of my make up at night as well as giving my skin that extra little bit of hydration first thing in the morning before applying my make up.  Like most of the Vitamin E products that I tried, they felt extremely light on the face and always left my skin feeling as though it had just been given the best clean ever.  These two will be products that I hope to pick up in the near future.
The favourites
I’m really grateful that Sky gave me the opportunity to use these products on a trial basis, I think it’s safe to say that I’ve found a few products that I will most definitely be using again, and look forward to trying out some of the other products suitable for dry and sensitive skin in the future.

Until the next one,

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment