Stay Connected

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Beauty store bargains

For those of you who know me personally, you will know that there is nothing that excites me as much as getting anything super cheap, or better yet, free!  I love sending away for loads of free samples online and getting them delivered to my house – tea bags, moisturizers, facial washes and biscuit spread – you name it, I’ve probably had a free sample of it.  I’m not even embarrassed by it either, I like to try before I buy it.  I think that’s okay.
Just a couple of the freebies I've received in the post! 
So a couple of weeks ago now, I was out shopping in Boots and Superdrug trying to hunt down a specific shampoo that I was after.  Whilst doing so, I was delighted when I came across several bargains that I just had to nab!
The first of my finds was a Herbal Essence hair mask designed to repair split ends and nourish all hair types.  My hair is constantly a curly, frizzy mess – and despite the fact that I have drastically made the effort to avoid styling my hair with heated products over the course of the last six months, I still end up with the dreaded split ends. (If anyone can recommend a fantastic product that will actually help control my frizzy hair – please do tell!)  This 300ml hair mask retails for about £3.89 depending on where you are picking it up from, so when I found it priced at just £0.40 – it was a must have!  The label recommends that you use it once a week to treat your hair, so I believe that my purchase of two tubs will last me a very long time, happy days!
I decided to chance my luck and venture further down the aisle to see if I could spot any other super bargains.  I didn’t have to travel far before I found two different types of dry hair shampoo at similar prices to the hair mask I had just found.  The Pantene and VO5 dry hair shampoos were marked down to £0.30 and £0.40, so naturally I picked up two of the VO5 products and one Pantene to try out.  Although I do tend to wash my hair on a daily basis – on the rare occasion that I do not, I like to make sure that I have the right products to make it look and feel clean.  I’m currently using Lush’s dry hair shampoo “No Drought” which I bought about 3 months ago now for £3.95.  A little goes a long way with this product, and seeing as I have at least ¾ of the bottle left, it will be a while before I actually get around to using these particular products.  The two usually retail for about £4.00 each, and so at less than fifty pence per can, I really couldn’t resist. 
After spending just £1.90 on the five different products I had just picked up (and an additional £5.00 on the shampoo I wanted), I headed straight towards Boots – eager to see if I could possibly get lucky twice and find myself something good in there too.  I checked out the hair care products first, but without much luck.  I did however then venture down the skin care section – which is where my luck appeared to continue.  Retailing for £9.99 on a usual basis, I spotted a Biotics BB Cream in my shade (light) for just £1.19!  So of course I picked it up without hesitation, regardless of the fact that I have half a tub of a BB cream and a whole tube of CC cream waiting to be used back home.  This is a product that will be used over time, and I can’t wait to try it out to see how it looks and feels on.
My shameless goodies
So after my little unexpected bargain haul, I headed home with the 6 products I had picked up, having only actually paid a total of £3.09.  None of these items were reduced due to damages -  the stock was well within its shelf and use by dates, and must have been reduced to clear for the sake of new stock or formulas coming into store. 
So my advice for you for the next time that you are shopping in your favourite beauty stores, would be to take a closer look at the products and prices surrounding your desired purchases.  You may just walk away with a whole lot more, for very little extra cash!
What’s the best beauty products you’ve managed to pick up dirt cheap?
Until the next one,

Lauren x

3 comments:

  1. For your hair it's a bit expensive but I started using ogx keratin shampoo and conditioner (tesco usually has a 2 for £6 deal) and it's made such a difference I also use heat spray and coconut oil or water and you'd think using oil would make it greasy but I never do daily washes anymore because my hair looks clean and fresh the next day too!! But anyway for split ends the keratin is so good at repairing and avoiding split ends. Couldn't recommend enough!

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your hair it's a bit expensive but I started using ogx keratin shampoo and conditioner (tesco usually has a 2 for £6 deal) and it's made such a difference I also use heat spray and coconut oil or water and you'd think using oil would make it greasy but I never do daily washes anymore because my hair looks clean and fresh the next day too!! But anyway for split ends the keratin is so good at repairing and avoiding split ends. Couldn't recommend enough!

    R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying coconut oil again, I tried it ages ago but it didn't really do much (think it was because i bought a non organic one!) Thanks Rach, I'll have a looky next time I'm in past! Nothing ever seems to work on my mane! x

      Delete