Stay Connected

Friday 19 February 2016

Lush Dark Angels Face and Body Scrub

There is nothing that I enjoy more after a long day either at work or at uni, than taking off my makeup and jumping in the shower.  One of my latest purchases from Lush, is their Dark Angels face and body scrub, made with black sugar and charcoal for a gentle exfoliation and deep clean.  What really attracted me to this cleanser was its slogan on the Lush app “for those of you who really like to scrub your skin to feel clean” – because I am SO guilty of this.  I used to pick facial scrubs with microbeads in them, because I truly believed that these were the only products to give my skin that just washed feel that I desired.  However, after it was brought to my attention just how bad these were for the environment, and how many alternatives that there actually are to give my skin a good scrubbing, I was very easily converted.
Dark Angels hidden in with the rest of my boxing day sale goodies!

Dark Angels comes in one of the Lush black pots.  The scrub itself is black in colour, and sits in a soft/solid state – I think it kind of resembles playdoh!  Dark Angels smells an awful lot like liquorice, which I am not a fan of, however I didn’t let this put me off… and neither should you!  To use, you simply break a bit off, and either lather in your hands or apply straight onto the face or desired area for a great clean!  The charcoal gives the skin a very intense cleaning sensation, you can tell that it is cleaning deep into your pores, with very little effort being made.  What I really love about Dark Angels is the ease of which it works, you don’t need to scrub your whole face into a red hot mess to feel the benefits of it!  This scrub is strong enough for a gentle scrub over the face – but if you’re like me, I like to give my problem areas an extra good scrub with each use (just for good measure). When it’s washed off - you’re good to go, leaving your skin feeling clean and moisturised after every use!
Scrub scrub scrub

Retailing for about £6.95 for 100g tub, I believe that Dark Angels is a bargain for the results that it gives!   I’ve had mine now for a near 2 months, and after using it near every single day, I’ve only now approaching the end of the tub – with probably another 2-3 weeks left in it!  Since I started using this product, my face looks a lot clearer and feels softer, which makes me super happy.  I’ve noticed a huge improvement in my problem areas in regards to black heads – and so it is safe to say that Dark Angels will be a new favourite cleanser of mine.  And don’t forget, keep the tub when you’ve finished the product, give it a good clean and put it aside until you have 5 black Lush pots.  Take these into your local Lush store and you can pick up a fresh facemask, totally free!
What’s your favourite cleanser from the Lush range?  I’ve purchased but not used the Movis facial soap yet, have you tied it out?
Until the next one,

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment