Stay Connected

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Vegan Tuck Box

So after a couple of months of eyeing up this subscription box, this was the month that I decided to give it a go and make the purchase.  Although it did take a little longer than I had hoped to arrive in the post, when it did finally get here it made me really excited to find all of the goodies inside!

Tyrell's Sweet Chilli & Red Pepper Crisps 
These are AMAZING!  They taste just like the Sweet Chilli Sensations, but these are gluten free!  My only problem is that the bag was half full, not cool when you open up a bag of half air.  Despite this, I'll definitely buy these again because they are super good and make a change from my normal ready salted.  
Body Me Organic Protein Bar
First of all, I want to say that I love, love, love the packaging of all things – it’s super cute, looks pretty and states all the facts about the snack very clearly on the front, which I really like!  I had actually come across this brand on Twitter about a week before I received my vegan snack box, so was quite excited to get to try this one out!  I also love chocolate orange too, so that was an added bonus too.  I’m not really one for protein bars though, however as this one is organic and packed with plant protein, I decided it would make a good snack for when I’m feeling hungry but trying to be good.  The protein bar itself was really nice, not too overpowering with chocolate orange but just enough flavour to keep you going back for more!  It was a really weird texture, but again one that I actually quite enjoyed.  It almost feels powdery in your mouth as you’re chewing which might be a little off putting to some but I really liked it.  It was also a funky shape too, kind of shaped like an oval which make it easy to eat from the packet!  I really liked this one, and would pick up again for sure if I ever decide to quick myself into gear and get back into the gym life!
Loving Earth Chocolate
I was really excited to receive such a large bar of chocolate, as it’s been a while since I had a decent piece of choccy!  It was only after that I had started tucking into this that I realised that it was made from cashew nuts – however it is really, really nice!  I’ve not indulged in this in the one sitting, instead I’ve been enjoying this square by square – which obviously means that it has lasted me a lot longer – as well as allowing me to actually enjoy the flavours!  The chocolate melts in your mouth slowly in your mouth, and doesn’t leave a bitter or unpleasant taste afterwards either.  I would love to be able to purchase this again, however there are no stockists within a 50km radius that I know of yet!
Chocolate and Coconut Flapjacks
My mum had actually received these in one of her The Vegan Kind boxes that myself and my boyfriend had purchased for her for her birthday.  She offered me one a few times to try when she had them, but I politely declined seeing as these were her treats!  It made me super happy when they arrived in my Vegan Tuck Box, as they’re gluten free too and I could finally try them.  They reminded me of the breakfast bars that I used to eat when I was little at primary school, they’re very nice but also a little sickly.  I couldn’t sit and eat them one after the other for sure – and they’re pretty small bars so that’s saying something!  They make a lovely wee treat with a lovely cuppa – day or night.
I loved having the chance to try out a lot of different bits and bobs that I probably wouldn't have picked up if I saw them in the shop.  Although this definitely won't be something that I purchase myself every month, it will be one of my go to treats in the future.

What's your favourite subscription box right now?

Until the next one,

7 comments:

  1. I went on to the vegan tuck shop and ordered another loving earth chocolate bar it was that good :) I loved the protein bar it was just the right amount of orange :) xo

    Www.hayleyloves.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm going to do the same thing, who knew that cashews would make such tasty chocolate?! The protein bar was probably the one thing I didn't think I would enjoy - then loved :)
      Thanks for having a read! :)
      Lauren X

      Delete
  2. My friend would love this! I have been changing my diet up a bit so some of these products sound so good right now
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defs tell them to give it a try, it was such a nice variety og goodies - I went for the gluten free box option but they have other subscriptions :)
      Good for you - it seems such a task to swap around your diet but when you actually get into the swing of things its not too bad!
      Thanks for having a read :)
      Lauren X

      Delete
  3. The Loving Earth chocolate and Angelic chocolate slices are now available in our online tuck shop :) https://vegantuckbox.co.uk/product-category/new-products/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete