Stay Connected

Sunday 14 August 2016

The Makeup Range You NEED To Try

Before I decided to make all of my cosmetics cruelty free, I was always against buying dirt heap brands.  You know, the ones that only ever cost a couple of quid – no matter where you pick them up from.   I feared that they would clog up my pores and generally just not work very well.  I’ve now been open to trying out a lot more brands as of late that normally I would have avoided – as I’ve found that a lot of cheap brands actually tend to be cruelty free and sometimes even vegan.  I’ve been trying out the Natural Collection range which is available from Boots.  It’s been around for as long as I can remember – I used pick up little bits and bobs from the range when I was about 13.  Having seen a couple of bloggers online as of late posting about the brand, and whether or not they enjoyed the products, I thought I would give it a go and make up my own mind!
First off, the whole entire range of Natural Collection is priced as £1.99 apiece.  That’s £1.99 for foundation, £1.99 for mascara, £1.99 for highlighter.  AMAZING! £1.99 is right up my price range – I like products that I know work wonderfully and do not break the bank – so a good price to start with makes me curious and want to know more.  Secondly, they have nearly every single product that a girl could want or need in their makeup bag.  Although the stock in store was very sparse when I was in Boots (which actually made me think it was because a lot of people are rating the brand right now) if you order online you can get everything from concealer, eyeliner, eyeshadow and even eyebrow products!  I don’t spend a lot of time on my make up in the morning – I’m not into this whole contouring thing, nor do I wear eye shadow or any eye makeup bar mascara.  I like it all to be quick and simple, so again this brand fits my criteria really quite well!
I purchased myself a tinted moisturiser and a highlighter on my visit, as I’ve finally ran out of my Barry M and B. products that I bought a few months back.  I have been using both products every day for the last week now, and have to say that I am super impressed with both!  The tinted moisturiser sits so well on my skin, it blends in really nicely and doesn’t feel sticky nor look cakey as the day goes on.  I really can’t even tell that I’m wearing it as the day goes on, which again is something that I really enjoy.  I think that it gives me a real good coverage, it covers a lot of the red patches of my skin and most blemishes that I have right now.  It also doesn’t irritate my skin either which is fab – it is just a really lush product that does my every day basic look justice!  The highlighter stick is also fab too – although I did pick up quite a dark/pink tone for my skin, it does look really nice and gives my skin a nice glow which lasts all day.  I also like to wear some under my blusher as it gives my cheeks a really nice colour!
I’m definitely going to be picking myself up a couple of other products from the Natural Collection range when I’m in need of a makeup re stock.  I’m curious to see how well the mascara works as I like to make my lashes look really long, and I would also like to try out the concealer and press powder too!

Have you tried out any of the Natural Collection range yet?  What’s your favourite product?

Until the next one,

2 comments:

  1. This brand needs to get itself to NZ! I have been trying all sorts of cruelty free products as well and this sounds amazing :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes absolutely, if you get the chance to pick these up anywhere I highly recommend - they really are so, so good!
      Thanks for reading :)
      Lauren X

      Delete