Stay Connected

Saturday 6 August 2016

Bath Bomb Lovin'

With every purchase from Lush I think that I become a little bit more and more obsessed… if that is even possible.  I’ve still not tested the water in regards to the Lush Kitchen, I think that that might actually break me and my bank account!  However since trying out lots of bath bombs for dry skin, and some simply because they look really pretty, I’ve been trying out some new ones and discovered a brand new favourite.

Yoga Bomb
This is the absolute holy grail of bath bombs!  I am in love, I am obsessed, I am attached.   It’s not one that I was super crazy about trying out for a long time, because it doesn’t look particularly fancy, on the outside it actually looks really quite bland.  But don’t let that put your off!  It smells absolutely gorgeous, it’s a really nice blend of oranges and sandalwood – a really subtle yet seductive smell.  I’m not sure that this fragrance would be one that everyone would enjoy, but it definitely does it for me.  When you pop it in the bath it doesn’t create a big song and dance like some.  Yoga Bomb fizzles away nice and slowly for around 10 – 15 minutes, creating first an orange lather – then green, purple and blue swirls as it fizzes away.  It’s one that is really great to use as a proper chill time bath.  Grab some candles, a good magazine and a glass of wine and enjoy!

Big Blue
I was in the mood to try out a new bath bomb last month, so after much debating and reading up online about all the different ones, I was pushed towards Big Blue!  I liked the idea of the seaweed, although I didn’t think there would be quite so much!  As Big Blue dissolves in the water the seaweed fizzes out with it – it turns really soft and mushy and feels amazing when you rub it into your skin.  It was totally amazing, it smells really beach like although also slightly tropical… which I think is the lavender and lemon working together.  I used this one at night, with my Candy Cane Lane Yankee candle burning in the background and a couple of my favourite magazines.  Although not particularly amazing to watch, it does turn the water the most perfect shade of turquoise blue, and will be one that I will be repurchasing again and again!

There have been a couple of other bath bombs as of late that I’ve tried out and really enjoyed, however wouldn’t necessarily pick up every time I’m in need of a bath treat!  Honey Bee smells absolutely amazing and made my skin feel so, so good afterwards!  However it wasn’t the best bath bomb I’ve ever used – it sunk to the bottom of the bath and didn’t create any kind of fancy waters.  The Experimenter was another one that smells gorgeous, it created lovely colourful images in the water and fizzled away for ages.  I particularly like the shape of this bath bomb too, it allowed the colours to fizzle outwards all at the same time, unlike the round ones that you need to wait for the layers to break down.

What’s your favourite bath bomb right now?


Until the next one,

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! both sound amazing
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both so good, Yoga Bomb will always be a favourite for me now though I think 😋🛀🏻
      Thank you for reading ☺️
      Lauren X

      Delete
  2. Lush products are amazing! Yoga bomb is also my favourite. Would love if you could check out my new post? XX

    The Fashion Road
    Instagram @louisefrancescaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga bomb really is sooo good!
      Thanks for reading, I'm away to have a read of yours now!:)
      Lauren X

      Delete