Stay Connected

Friday 26 August 2016

Taylors of Harrogate Tea

After seeing an advert on Facebook a few weeks back which was offering free samples of Taylors fruit teas, I decided to chance my luck and fill out the form.  I love a good fruit tea, and the ones that the Taylors website had shown looked awesome.  To my surprise, I received the cutest little package from them just a week and a bit later.  Inside contained a sample of the Sour Cherry tea, Green Tea with Sweet Mint and Sweet Rhubarb. 
I tried out the sweet rhubarb first with a tea spoon of agave nectar.  I know that fruit teas should be sweet enough already, but to me they taste just ever so slightly bitter.  I always add a little just because that’s the way I like it.  I enjoyed this cuppa right before bed – and found it very nice!  Although ever so slightly bitter as you take a sip, it soon turns sweet and tasty – and unlike some teas it doesn’t turn really bitter as you make your way down the mug. 
The sour cherry tea was by far the one I was most keen to try, so you can imagine my excitement when I found one in my little package!  My excitement was not let down either, this was by far my favourite tea of them all.  It tasted just like real black cherries, and turned ever so slightly sour as you sipped, which was a really nice and different twist to the tea!  I will definitely purchase a box of sour cherry again when I can source a local supplier – it makes the perfect alternative to my normal night time cuppa, it was super tasty and a real good price at £3 a box!
Last but not least I tried out my Green Tea and Sweet Mint tea bag, which I wasn’t really sure that I would enjoy as green tea is not really my thing.  This one however was actually really nice (with a little sugar I should add) and actually left me feeling really refreshed!  The sweet mint really helped to get over the normally bitter taste I find with green tea, so much so that I would actually serisouly consider purchasing this over peppermint tea in the future! 

My favourite thing about these teas is the colours, I don’t know if it’s done deliberately or not – but the packaging is the exact colour of each tea as it is brewed!  They were all super pretty colours too, which made the whole thing even better in my eyes.

Have you tried out any of the Taylors tea range?  What’s your favourite?


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment