Stay Connected

Saturday 16 July 2016

Little Indulgences

Over the last couple of months I’ve been discovering a lot of tasty goodies in my local supermarkets that I wish I had known about my whole life! From potential healthy snacks to just general treats –these have since become my favourite go to goodies during my trips to the supermarket. 
Free From Fellows
Spied in Home Bargains, these fantastic little jelly sweets were sold to me from the moment I first set my eyes on them.   What drew me in was the name of course, after having changed up my diet back in April.  Free from what though, exactly?  Dairy, gluten, sugar and gelatine – as well as avoiding any product that comes from animals.  Not only are these bad boys suitable for vegetarians, they are also vegan too – meaning that myself, my brother and my mum can all enjoy them!  Best of all though, they actually taste really good.  The cola bottles taste just like actual cola bottles, the gummy bears are super fruity and delicious, and the berries are super chewy and yum – just the way gummy sweets should be!  Before becoming a vegetarian, Haribo used to be my favourite sweeties ever – so it makes me really happy when I can find the perfect alternatives to my old favourites.  Since discovering them, my local store has stopped taking them in!  This makes me super sad, however I will hopefully be reunited with these lovely treats once again.
Pulsin Brownie Bars
Holy mother of mackerel… have you ever tasted something so, so good that is relatively healthy and makes you question all of the bad stuff you’ve put into your body eating the alternative versions?!  Because that is exactly what eating this brownie makes me do every time.  Created out of mainly cashews, dates, raw cacao, raisins and almonds these delicious bars create the most perfect brownies – other than my mothers real ones, ya feel me?!  Super softy, chewy and delicious, these bars really do hit the spot for when you fancy something indulgent but don’t feel like being naughty.  I first discovered them back in April when Aldi did their gluten free week.  Gluten, Dairy, Soya free and suitable for vegans, these really are great for people in general, no matter what diet preference you follow! 
Fruit YoYos
Being a sucker for a fruity treat on occasion, I have been struggling to find goodies that are suitable for my diet (and waistline!)  I love jelly tots but I know they’re full of sugars so I’ve been trying to keep them as an occasional treat.
My dad bought these several months back for my little brothers packed lunches, and when they sat for weeks on end because no one was interested, I decided to give them a go! 
Made from 100% fruit and contributing to one of your five a day per pack, these tasty yo yos have sorted out my sweet tooth on more than one occasion as of late.  My favourite flavours being the Apple, Strawberry and Mango ones, I usually pick up one of each from my local supermarket when they’re on a 3 for £1.20 deal or similar. Yum, yum, yum!

What’s your favourite thing to snack on when you’re feeling indulgent?


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment