Stay Connected

Monday 4 July 2016

Cruelty Free Make-Up Follow Up

A couple of weeks back I shared with you all the lovely and affordable cruelty free make up in the form of Barry M and B.  As promised, I’ve broken down the products to try help you get a better feel for them.

Mascara
I absolutely love, Love, LOVE this mascara – it’s totally amazing!  It’s not a particularly fancy wand, if anything it is probably a little bit old school.  In the morning I do about three swipes across each eye to give me a nice natural looking lash – however if I have plans in the evening it’s really easy to build up the look without clumping, leaving me with a nice dramatic eye look!
Barry M Foundation
I really think that this could be the best foundation that I have ever tried out – like ever!  It’s so light to wear, and if blended well (which doesn’t take much effort at all) I really don’t think you can tell that I’m wearing it!  I was delighted to find the perfect shade for my skin, I could tell just by looking at the bottle it was the one for me.  However I did sample it too… you know, just to be safe!  It gives the most perfect matte finish ever, and leaves my skin looking lovely and healthy every day.  My only concern with this was the price – this little pot cost me £5.99, and I’m already just about half way through.  Saying that though, Barry M usually have some sort of promotion on too at all the major drug stores – which will hopefully mean I can stock up then, making it cheaper for me in the long run!

Blusher
I really like the style of this blush, its powdery but whipped, so when you apply it with a brush it takes really nicely to my matte foundation, and gives me a nice pinky glow all day.  I picked this up for £3.99, but as it retails at £7.99 full price, I’m not sure that it will be one I’ll be quick to pick up again unless its on offer.  I’m cheap okay?!  I do however adore this shade, and the peach alterative was super cute too!
Blemish Primer
This stuff is amazing, it makes my skin feel fantastic with every single application!  It feels really moisturising and leaves my skin feeling super hydrated throughout the day too – a win win situation!  I’m not sure I can say much about the blemish control – but it does create the perfect base for my make-up, which now lasts pretty much a whole day with no touch ups!  This is one product that I would be willing to pay the full £9.99 for as it had been great for my skin, however I will not say no to a promotion in the future *wink wink*.
Beauty Blender
This was one of the items that I had not intended on purchasing, but you know for £4.99 I couldn’t really say no.  I was in desperate need of a new one anyway… or so I told myself at the time!  It’s the perfect sturdy little blender, although slightly smaller than the real techniques one.  My sisters have however told me that it feels and looks just like the official real deal, whatever that means – but I presume it’s good news!
Face palette 
For £4.99, I suppose I can’t really complain.  But I will, my only problem is that the swatches are simply not big enough!  The highlighter is amazing, it gives me a nice glow without being too dramatic.  The concealer is pretty good too – however I have noticed that if I don’t blend it to my best ability in the morning then it does tend to get a bit patchy as the day goes on.  These are the only two items I’ve used so far, but I’m sure the others will come in handy sometime soon!
The finished look!
So there you have it, I really like everything that I picked up!  If you’ve not checked them out yet, then give them a go!  I’m now on a mission to find the perfect lip care product – so if you know of anything, let me know below!


Until the next one, 

2 comments:

  1. I really love everything you picked up! I'm also trying to go cruelty free and it's been really interesting to me finding out what I can still use - there's so many lovely cruelty free products out there! I love the shade of the blush! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's fantastic - it's nice to find other people who are going cruelty free! How have you been finding it so far? I'd defo give B. a go if you haven't already :) I love the blush too, the peach one was super nice also but this one was more me!
      Will find you on blog lovin now, thanks for reading :)
      Lauren X

      Delete