Stay Connected

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Don’t Look at Me Facemask

It’s that time of the month again when my skin starts to act up and breakout in the most inconvenient ways.  My face feels super bumpy due to my pores and spots being big and gross, and my eczema has broken out on my hand again – where it tends to act up the most and often gets infected.  Both these things though can be treated, my eczema will clear up after a day or two of steroid cream – and my skin will clear up with the help of a fresh facemask!
We all know that I enjoy a Lush facemask (see here, here, here and here for some of my faves) so naturally, when my skin acts up I reach for a little black pot to speed up the recovery process!  At the end of last month, I traded in another 5 little black pots for a new fresh facemask, so  here is what I’m using right now…
What first drew me into Don’t Look at Me was of course the lush looking vibrant blue colour than filled the round silver bowl on the ice display in store.  The colour intrigued me to look further at the ingredients – which then led me to discover the amazing smell… LEMON!
It’s absolutely delicious, the scent reminds me very much of the ocean salt face a body scrub, which I have used in the past and adored.  So it was with great delight to find a facemask that would somewhat replicate the good of the scrub, as Don’t Look at Me is also very exfoliating.
Upon applying, as you spread the mask over your face you really feel the ground rice rubbing into your pores and working it’s magic!  You can also feel the lemon juice seeping into the pores and creating a tingly sensation. I love to leave it to dry up for around 20 minutes at least, because I find that the longer you leave it, the more noticeable the results!  Today I washed mine off in the shower, which I found to be a lot easier than trying to do it over the sink – as it’s way less messy.  As you wash it off, the mask melts away enough to allow you to give your skin a gentle exfoliation – without the lemon juice being too harsh.  Afterwards my skin feels cleaner, smoother and looks a lot brighter too!  Even more surprisingly, my skin actually feels very well moisturised, thanks to the murmuna butter.
Don’t Look at Me is perfect for me to use despite my sensitive skin, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a deep cleansing experience, without the fuss (and mess)!

What’s your favourite fresh facemask right now?


Until the next one,

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour of this mask! x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely gorgeous :)
      Thanks for reading!
      Lauren X

      Delete