Stay Connected

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Ways That I Save Money, Part 4

It must be something about the New Year that gets me acting crazy, but throughout the whole month of February, and most of March, Ive been acting like one of those possessed people of extreme couponing.  Im obsessed!  Im signed up to websites, I get daily emails and Ive even got apps on my phone now to help me keep up to date with offers.  Im addicted, but hey, theres worse things in life ain't there? 
Printable Coupons
Ive been checking out Hollys Extreme Couponing site throughout the last couple of months to get the best coupons online, and in doing so Ive managed to grab several freebies.  Between the fam, so far we have managed to pick up: 3 cartons of soup, 2 bottles of lemonade, 3 four packs of Yazoo, a carton of Optiwell yoghurt drink and 3 bottles of Upbeat protein shakes.  Some of the vouchers stated one free item, others had a specific money value all of which worked out perfectly for some super freebies when items were on offer.  Sad I know, but I get such a thrill out of picking up bits that I know the family will use for free.  Id definitely recommend checking out Hollys site for some fab freebies!
Shopmium
My absolute obsession right now is getting cash back on the items that I pick up in the supermarket, especially as these apps tend to have offers on the items to make them completely free.  The two I use at the moment are Shopmium and Checkout Smart, which between the two of them the apps have given me pretty decent savings over the last two months.  Shopmium is great for offering free items throughout the month so far Ive picked up: a loaf of bread, 3 multipacks of Go Ahead breakfast bars, a bottle of Volvic water and a bar of Graham and Brown chocolate, all completely free!  They also offer savings on other great items too, such as 50% off, try for £1 deals and multi savings when you buy two or three of the same item.  Since mid-January Ive had £15.73 paid back into my account, which is really good considering the majority of my claims have been on completely free items.   You can use my friend code AEYYCHMF to get involved in all of the money saving madness.  Youll even get a free bar of Lindt chocolate as a welcome gift!
Checkout Smart
This app has brought me the most joy throughout the month, because they always update it with fab offers, on products that I either normally buy, or will buy it for the kids because I know they will like it!  Using this app Ive picked up free bread, yoghurts, beverages and fruit and nut mixes.  Not only that, but I also got really good cash back deals on other items too: 6 1l bottle of Mountain Dew for £1.50, 5 500ml bottles of Vitamin Water for £1, and other drinks for just 25p!  Its by far my favourite app right now, and Ive not long cashed out on my rewards a total of £27.50 at the end of last month, and Ive already got another £9 pending as we speak, its so easy!  The deals change every other day, and there is always something to take advantage of.  Take a look and see if there is anything on there that you fancy, deals are often tailored to what you but after a couple of uses  making it personal to you and helps you save the most money!

What are your favourite tips for saving some cash when youre shopping?


Until the next one,

2 comments: