Stay Connected

Saturday 11 March 2017

Lush Face Masks, A Round Up

There are still a couple that I've to get my hands on, but I've tried out the majorty of Lush's facemasks, and I am here to share my verdict to help you decide what you need for your skin!

Don’t Look at Me
It smells absolutely delicious, the scent reminds me very much of the ocean salt face a body scrub, which I have used in the past and adored.  So it was with great delight to find a facemask that would somewhat replicate the good of the scrub, as Dont Look at Me is also very exfoliating.  Upon applying, as you spread the mask over your face you really feel the ground rice rubbing into your pores and working its magic!  You can also feel the lemon juice seeping into the pores and creating a tingly sensation.  Afterwards my skin feels cleaner, smoother and looks a lot brighter too! 
Mask of Magminty
Let me start by telling you this, never have I ever felt my skin so squeaky clean after just one use of a facemask.  This product is a Lush self-preserving face and body mask, designed to gently clean and exfoliate whilst worn.  Made with peppermint oil and primrose seeds the ingredients work amazingly together, making your pores feel super tingly and leaves the feeling of an extra deep cleanse.  To use, I like to smooth a generous layer of the mask over my face, paying special attention to my nose, cheeks and chin as these are the areas that tend to breakout most often.  I tend to leave it on between ten to fifteen minutes at a time, as I find that this is the perfect amount of time for it to dry without giving it the opportunity to flake off.

Cup’O’Coffee
Cup O Coffee is the mask that you need in your life if you like to exfoliate like me! I feel a need to give my face a good scrubbing when I wash it, and so anytime that I do use a facemask I tend to give my face a scrub with an alternative product after just for good measure.  The ground up coffee beans used in this mask are just perfect for this, as the particles are so, so fine that you can safely scrub away at your skin without having to worry about actually causing it any harm.   When you scoop the mask out to apply to your face, its a really sticky constituency but yet is super easy to smooth across your face.  What I really like about applying it is that you can give your skin as scrub as you apply it.  I like to use a semi generous amount over my face and leave it on anywhere between 10-25 minutes at a time.  This mask doesnt dry or harden as you wear it, which is great because it makes it so much easier to wash off.  When Ive given my skin its coffee fix, I use some warm water to rinse it off, scrubbing as I go to give my skin a really good exfoliation.  After use, my skin looks as though its just been given a new lease of life!   Sometimes I swear its glowing.  It also makes my skin  feel really smooth and clean especially around my nose where I tend to get the blackhead breakouts. 
Catastrophe Cosmetic
Catastrophe Cosmetic is packed with lovely ingredients including blueberries, rose, calamine and chamomile which when are mixed together in this concoction make a gorgeous smell, which I think is exactly like Parma Violet sweeties!  For best results, I recommend using this mask on freshly washed skin – I know that some people like to apply a light moisturiser beforehand, but I personally feel that this would prevent some of the benefits on the mask.  One of the things that I love most about this product is that it is perfect for problematic skin like mine.  I enjoy it because my eczema causes my face to dry out abnormally quickly – and I always need to apply a moisturiser straight after I wash my face.  All of the ingredients help to soothe my skin, especially the areas around my mouth and eyes, as these tend to be the places that suffer the most during a breakout.  The one main problem that I do have with this mask is that it tends to flake off as it is drying sometimes even before it has dried in completely.  I like to wear any facemask for around 15-20 minutes at a time, however I have come to find that this mask tends to only be suitable for around a 10 minute session before it starts to flake away.

Cupcake

Two of my favourite things in this world are mint and chocolate, so after reading all about the different fresh face masks that Lush have to offer Cupcake stood out to me for this exact reason.  Packed with cocoa butter, mint and cocoa powder this thick and creamy mask promises to draw out dirt and impurities, as well as giving your face a deep cleansing experience.  This is a really thick and creamy mask so as you apply it takes a lot of rubbing in to get the maximum coverage from the amount you are putting on.  This of course is not a bad thing, as it allows you to rub in the minty goodness, and gives your skin a real tingly and cleansing experience at the same time!  I like to use Cupcake all over my face and give my skin a generous coating with each application however I think it would work perfectly well for a treatment a across the tea zone or other problem areas too if preferred. What I love the most about Cupcake is that it really does give my skin a proper good cleansing I always feel that my pores have had a good clean with every use, and it doesnt take any time at all to get the results. 

What's your favourite from the bunch?  Any you'd recommend I'd try?

Until the next one,


No comments:

Post a Comment