Stay Connected

Sunday 5 March 2017

February Favourites

Another month, another favourites post!  Now I don't know about you, but I'm still not sure how I'm feeling about 2017, and I can safely say that this is the first ever year where I've felt like this!  February was busy, but not the kind of busy where I got things done.  I've high hopes for March though, I want to power through my dissertation and I've got a few little projects that I'm keen to get stuck into!  Without further ado, here are the things that got me through February.

Botanics Skincare 
I've been in dire need of changing up my skin care for a while now, which I started to do in January when I swapped about moisturisers. This month I swapped out my cleansers, and also treated myself to an eye cream and cleansing toner from the Boots Botanics range.  The bags under my eyes are real, and for weeks I felts as though my eyes were getting puffier and the day went on!  The All Bright Eye Roll On feels so nice around the eye, it gives a really nice cooling effect and I think it reduces the redness on my eye lids too.  Whilst it's still pretty early days for me to say that it's made a dramatic difference to my bags, I will say that I've seen some what of an improvement, which I am pleased about!  The All Bright Cleansing Toner has in fact changed my skin dramatically though, I'm really obsessed with the stuff!  I'd seen a few reviews where people had said it was a great dupe for the Pixie Glow Tonic, but seeing as I've never used that before I wasn't really sure what to expect, other than it was to match a high end product.  I've been using this at night after removing all my makeup, and it really has just made such a great difference to my skins complexion!  Bizarrely it gives a really good exfoliating sensation, removes any dry flaky skin from the surface and just leaves my skin feeling smooth to the touch and most importantly, clean!  Both products are half price in boots right now, meaning that each item is less than £2!  If you're on the hunt for a new skin care routine, I'd highly recommend giving Botanics a look in.

Collection Concealer 
Back into the subject of my eye bags, I just can't comprehend how I managed to go so long without buying myself a good concealer.  I imagine I've had dark circles for a while now, but this month they just became so noticeable to me that I decided I had to hide them to the best of my abilities!  I've seen everyone raving about this stuff, and so I don't think I need to go into too much detail here.  It works, its cruelty free and best of all it's really reasonably priced at under £5!  I'll be needed to stock up on some more this month as I have been going to town on mine,  but if you're the kinda gal who only needs a few dabs here and there to cover imperfections, I imagine that this will Last you a very long time!

Kings of Leon
For mums Christmas I bought her KOL tickets and with the help of my dad, treated her to a trip away to Glasgow for the event!  This was the second time I'd seen them, both times having gone with mum, and so it was pretty special as they're mums all-time favourite band!  We were so close to the stage, and they put on such a good show that it made waiting the 4 months to see them all the more special.  When we were away we also got to try out some tasty vegan sandwiches and the lovely vegan pizzas at Zizzi, because what is a trip away without some food indulgences?!  Kings of Leo definitely brightened up the rather gloomy February that I had for sure!



There we have it, these are the goodies that have seen me through another month. What have been your go to favourites as of late? 


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment