Stay Connected

Saturday 28 January 2017

One Year Of Blogging

It’s hard to believe that I’ve been blogging for a whole year today!  This time last year I was just finishing up my first ever university exam, and I was so excited to be taking up a new hobby that I would not only enjoy, but that I hoped would help me academically and in a future career.  One year later, I’ve found it to be one of the best things that I’ve ever done for myself, and I’m super pleased with the work that I have produced on my wee spot on the web – everything from the photos, the interaction, the scheduling and the written work itself. 
I’m not going to lie, it’s been a lot harder than I thought it was going to be – who knew that maintaining a little blog whilst working part time and studying and having a social life would take so much effort and planning?!  There have been a few times now, more so recently, when I’ve had to take a step back and give myself a little time to think and breathe and recharge before I create new content.  I never really understood writers block until I experienced it first-hand myself.  And whilst these little episodes might have caused a little bit of extra stress in my life at the time, there is nothing quite like watching your interactions grow when you do finally get around to posting again. 
I never thought that I’d be able to stick to blogging, I’m one of those people that loose interest real quickly in projects.  However this time I’ve stuck it out, and bar a couple of weeks here and there, I’ve actually managed to post at least once a week every week – which is pretty impressive, or at least I think so anyways.  I hope to be able to continue this throughout 2017, as well as improving my scheduling and how I promote my content every week.  I also want to try and get more involved with other bloggers, however I really hope that my dissertation research will help give me a head start on this one during the next couple of months! 
All in all I’ve really enjoyed my first year of blogging.  I’ve interacted with people, interacted with brands, and I feel as though I’ve become more confident in my work and myself as a whole.  I was really worried about sharing my work online, in fear that people I know would find it and make fun of it.  However I’m over that now - I enjoy what I’m doing, I’m proud of what I’m doing, and the little words of encouragement from people along the way have really helped me get over it!  So thanks to everyone who has come and read a post or two over the last year, you’ve helped me determine that I really do want a career in writing, and that there are people that care what I write about!

Here is to the next year of blogging!

Until the next one,

4 comments:

  1. I've pretty much felt the same way and my 1 year of my blogging is coming up soon. So nice to hear other bloggers journeys!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's amazing, I love reading about other people's blog anniversary's so I was really pleased that it was my turn to share! :)
      Thanks for reading! X

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your one year! I want to try and reach out to other bloggers too :) Lauren | www.theyoproedit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! :) I'm not going to lie I've had a good wee looky on your blog and it's just so pretty <3 will be following from now on! :)
      Thank you for reading! X

      Delete