Stay Connected

Sunday 22 January 2017

Night Time Routine For Good Sleep

Having entered one of the most stressful years academically that I’ve had in a long time, it’s become vital that I get a good night’s sleep to ensure that I’m able to perform to my best abilities in everything that I do.  Working part time alongside my studies, I often find myself either up super early or working till late at night, meaning that my sleeping pattern can be all over the place, making it that little bit harder to get up for uni or to study.  Over the last three months I’ve been on a mission to help myself get a better night’s sleep, and whilst doing so I’ve come across a few handy tools that have aided the process along the way!
Deep Sleep Spray
Now this had been a staple product of mine ever since I treated myself to the sample packs back in October.  At Christmas my parents gifted me a large bottle of the stuff, and so I was so delighted that my good night’s sleep would long continue!  What I really like about the stuff is just how subtle it is, yet how it manages to work above and beyond what is expected.  I like to use around three sprays on my pillow before bed, and like I said in my November Favourites post, although it doesn’t send you straight to sleep right away, it does send you into a beautifully deep slumber when sleep does approach.  Having been using this for months now, I can truthfully say that I always get a better night’s sleep when this is on the go.
Sleepy Lotion
Although this has vanished from the Lush stores until the Christmas range is upon us once again, their sleepy lotion is another product that really does help me get a better nights sleep.   I was gifted one of these in a Christmas gift set, which was perfect timing as mine had just run out!  Although not a particularly large tub, I only use a little bit each night, and so I’m sure this supply will last me well and truly until the kitchen decide to make a batch – we hope!  Sleepy lotion smells of lavender and gingerbread, which might sound like an odd combination, but trust me, it really works.  I like to rub about a fingertips worth into my temples and pulse points, and I just find that it’s just a really soothing smell to fall asleep with.  It’s totally not necessary, but definitely one of my comforts now!
Clipper Sleep Easy Tea
During the colder months I have become a total sucker for herbal teas, and have completely fallen in love with this one.  Packed with cinnamon, lavender and chamomile, this gorgeous blend really does help me unwind and fall into a deep slumber as best time approaches – especially on those days were I’ve been super busy or have had a super stressful day.  It’s both a sweet yet subtle tea, and really does taste delicious… It’s the cinnamon that does it for me!

These are the three staple products that I find helps me get a really good night’s sleep – and with dissertation hand in approaching faster with each and every day, I think that these will be the products that really help me pull through!

What's your trick for a good night's sleep?

Until the next one,




2 comments:

  1. I always struggle for a good nights sleep, realise I was drinking cups of normal tea just before bed. Thankfully have stopped that now but will definitely have to give these a chance, specially that spray! ��

    http://www.thoughts-talks-tea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the same, I loved a good ol' cuppa before bed!
      Yes defs give the spray a go, I was really skeptical but I swear it works wonders for me :)
      Thanks for reading! X

      Delete