Stay Connected

Monday 22 May 2017

Handbag Essentials, Snacking Edition

Ever since college, (as IF that was a whole four years ago?!) I’ve always made sure to have a sweet treat or two lurking around in my handbag.  Once upon a time this was a technique to save the pennies on my travels in and out of town, however more recently this has become essential as I’m never sure if I’m going to be able to easily find a vegan bite to eat on the go.  These are just a few of the bits that I like to keep a hold of on the go for when I’m needing a pick me up or a sweet treat.
Nakd Bars
These have been a favourite of mine for years now, and I always find myself drifting in and out of an obsession with them.  Right now, it’s the new Lemon Drizzle one that is really doing it for me, it taste just like the base of a lemon cheesecake and satisfies all of the sweet cravings that I have with every bite.  Whilst lemon is the most distinctive flavour of all, the coconut flakes throughout add to the flavour to make for a divine treat!  It is for sure my favourite from the bunch now, closely followed by Bakewell Tart!
Natural Panda Liquorice
Whilst these are more so a new find of mine, they are for definite one of my favourite treats to reach for when my Nakd bars don’t make the cut.  Raspberry and Blueberry are two of my favourites from the range as they have the nice fruity taste to disguise the liquorice and add to the sweet sensation.  I had been stocking up at Holland and Barrett, however I have since discovered that my local green grocer sells them also, meaning that I can stock up whenever I desire. 
Nutri-Bombz
One of my favourite discoveries of the last couple of months is the Nutri-Bombz subscription box.  Each month for just £4.99 they send you a selection of energy balls that are made with nutritious ingredients and are always a unique and tasty snack.  My favourites so far have been the Coconut balls and the Mint Chocolate Brownie, as they are so packed with flavour and are perfect for desert on the go.  Despite their size, they are actually quite filling making them a perfect mid afternoon snack, hence why I like to keep them on my person when I’m on the go!  Considering some energy balls cost as much as £1.99 per portion, £4.99 for 9 is fabulous value for money if you ask me!

Have you tried any of the above snacks?  Is there anything else you think I should be snacking on? 


Until the next one,

No comments:

Post a Comment