Stay Connected

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Nudi Coconut and Bentonite Clay Facemask

On Monday I received a gorgeously wrapped parcel in the post, courtesy of the lovely folks at NudiLife.com.  I have been anxiously anticipating their launch for many months now, after they very kindly informed me on Instagram that they would be sending out free coconut facemasks when they launched a few months down the line.  Coconut oil is a big favourite of mine for my problematic skin.  Not only does it smell absolutely gorgeous, but it works a treat of my really dry skin.  So the idea of having a facemask that had incorporated all the goodness of coconut oil was something that I couldn’t resist waiting around for!

When I opened up the parcel, I was delighted to find that they had sent me a very generous sized sample of their coconut and bentonite clay mask – which retails for £12.95 for a 100ml tub.  The mask is a light grey kind of colour, and smells just like iced coconut slices (which are totally delicious, if you didn’t already know!)  On applying the mask, I found it to be ever so slightly difficult to evenly distribute across the skin.  Every time you swipe over an area you’ve already tried to cover, I found it to kind of clump together, making you have to use a little force to spread it out again.  This being said, I do think that this is simply due to the nature of coconuts themselves, as whenever I’m applying coconut oil to my skin, it does tend to do the same kind of thing, so not a big deal!  I really love that the mask goes on as the grey kind of colour, but as it dries it turns almost translucent in some patches, and others white - as if this is a sign that all of the goodness from the mask is seeping into your skin!  I think this was because I didn’t use enough of it during my first use, and I get the impression from the images I’ve seen on Instagram that the whole mask would turn white when ready to wash off. 
Nuts about these coconuts!
Having researched the product before trying it out, I was interested as to what the facemask would offer to my skin – as usually I try to go for ones that tackle spots and or blackheads.  I got the impression that with coconut oil being a key ingredient, it would definitely be a moisturising one – which appears I was not wrong about!  Nudilife.com states that the coconut oil will moisturise without clogging your pores (yay!) and the bentonite clay will work away at those blemishes.  I will admit that this is not a product that I think I would have purchased having seen it on the shelves, only because I normally go for masks that I know have ingredients that specifically tackle spots and blackheads – and I never would have imagined these two key ingredients to do the job.  Knowing what I do now though, I won’t be so quick to judge by ingredients anymore.  Once washed away, my skin was left feeling really, really soft which was lovely to discover!  Although I didn’t notice any drastic changes in the way of my few blemishes, there may be a chance that tomorrow morning they could be near gone – so we will just have to wait and see.
As I’ve stated already, the sample I received was very generous and so I’ve worked out that I will probably get around three uses of this sample before it runs out.  The mask is a really nice product that I think if used for a long period of time – would do wonders for your skin.  This would be something that I would purchase if I fancied a splurge or simply wanted to treat myself, alongside their coconut and sugar body scrub (which also looks amazing!)

Have you tried any of the Nudi products yet?  You can check out the range here www.nudilife.com

Until the next one,

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment