Stay Connected

Sunday 20 March 2016

Aveeno Skincare

Seeing as my skin has been acting up a lot over the last couple of weeks, and that I’ve only just managed to get it somewhat under control, I thought it would be fitting to share my number one favourite body moisturiser with you, Aveeno.
This gorgeous body moisturiser changed my life in regards to my skin care regime.  During my major breakout in 2014, (you can read about it here) a colleague recommended this brand to me.  She told me that she used it on her two year old son who also suffered terribly from eczema, and that it worked wonders for him.  She said that it was an oat based product, and that it was mostly made from natural ingredients and so it wouldn’t irritate my skin any more than what it already was.  I was instantly intrigued by the concept of oats being the key ingredient, as I had been doing a lot of research online about how to soothe my sore skin.  I saw that a lot of people enjoyed a soak in an oat bath (that’s right.  Bathing in a bath with actual porridge oats), and so I figured that the Aveeno moisturiser was a purchase I would have to make and experiment with.  
This moisturiser has a very thick consistency, which I absolutely adore because it makes a little go a long way.  The shea butter makes my skin feel super cool and smooth after applied, and the oats are super soothing to my particularly problematic areas.  Depending on how bad my skin is upon purchasing, I can usually get at least a month worth out of one 200ml bottle. 
I prefer to keep my Aveeno for my eczema ridden areas of skin, and use coconut oil for the rest of my body.  Because Aveeno retails around £5-£6 per bottle, I never buy it when it’s not on sale.  Nearly every single month since I have been using Aveeno, I have come across one retailer or another that has the entire Aveeno rage on offer, usually with about 1/3 off – which is when I like to make my purchases.  I normally pay around £3.50 for a bottle, and like to stock up with two or sometimes three at a time so that I do not run out. 
As for now, I have only ever used the Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion with the blue label.  This one is specifically for “extra dry, irritable and sensitive skin” which is what made me go for it in the first place.  This product will definitely always be my favourite skin moisturiser for when I’m having my bad skin days.  The mixture is so soothing, calming and smells absolutely amazing – it’s hard to imagine what kind of state my skin would be in today if I hadn’t been introduced to this beauty.
I definitely think that this product is a strong 9/10 – I would love to give it full marks… but the idea of paying the full retail price of £6 for the 200ml bottle actually hurts my soul just thinking about it.

Have you tried any of the Aveeno range? 

Until the next one,

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment