Stay Connected

Friday 25 November 2016

Winter Lip Care Essentials

Dry, chapped lip season is once again upon us, which is not ideal for our poor wee peckers.  My lips have been pretty healthy as of late, however I have had some pretty bad spells this year where they have been dry and irritated and sore.  As the colder weather is starting to take its toll on them once more, here are some of my winter lip care essentials, which I have found to really take care of my peckers over these colder months.
Barry M Lip Oils
I’ve only recently become interested in watching vloggers during my free time, and I’ve really been enjoying watching people try out new products and finding out what they think.  Zoella vlogged earlier this year about the Barry M lip oils, that she suggested are a great dupe for the Clinique ones – which are way pricier and not cruelty free.  I had actually some across these in store before, however didn’t think much of them, other than they looked like a gloss.  After hearing the great things that Zoella had to say about them (even after she said that she loved the Clinique ones too), I decided to pick one up on my next Superdrug outing, and they did not disappoint!  This beautiful product makes my lips feel absolutely fantastic.  They look and feel nourished with every application, and as the oil is clear, they look really natural and healthy too.  The formula glides on beautifully and soaks into the lips, giving them enough time to absorb the goodness.  Priced at £4.99, this is something that I’m willing to pay a little more for, as I know it works.  Superdrug currently have three for two on all cosmetics right now – so if this is something you’ve fancied trying out for a while now, why not do so next time you’re picking up your staple products?
Burts Bees
Now I’ve spoken about these lip balms the last time I was having problems with my lips – Burts Bees lip balm fixed me up then and they’ve fixed me up now!  These luscious lip balms leave my lips feeling smooth, nourished and healthy with every use.  Burts Bees use bees wax, shea butter and sometimes coconut oil too to create the perfect formula for each balm, alongside the appropriate essential oils to make each and every one unique!  During these colder months I’ve been loving and reaching for the peppermint lip balm as it makes my lips feel tingly and fantastic – however I have also been loving the fruity ones that I picked up over the summer when they had their online Christmas 2015 clearance sale.
Between the lip oil and lip balm, my lips have been looking healthy and happy during these colder winter months.  Whenever I feel them beginning to tighten or dry up, a small application of either normally fixes them up quickly!  It really makes me feel uncomfortable and unhappy when my lips are feeling dry, and so I’m so pleased that I’ve found these goodies to keep my peckers and I happy during the next several months.

What have your lips been thanking you for during the colder weather?

Until the next one,



No comments:

Post a Comment